Friday, December 30, 2011

My Art Closet - Before!

We have a closet by the front door of our house and since we always use our back door through our mud room, I decided to make it into an art closet.  My intentions were so good...I swear!  The kids and myself all love doing arts and crafts, so I thought this was a perfect idea!  It started out lovely and organized and slowly became a huge messy closet that all I wanted to do was keep closed so that I wouldn't have to stare at it!  THEN....I saw a photo over at the blog pink suede shoe which inspired me to properly organize my art closet.  It's not nearly as amazing as this...yet, but it's on it's way.  What would we do without other bloggers to inspire us?!  You have to check out her blog, here, it is one of my favourites to read.  Here's the photo that inspired, isn't it pretty!:


And now onto the not so inspiring mess of my art closet before:

First a photo of the door closed....isn't it nice? ha!



And now the door opened...deep gasp...I know!  Such a lot of wasted space.



Oh THAT's where my 5lb dumbells went!  Huh...who knew?!


The upper part of the closet is strictly my stuff, it's not as bad but I know it can be better!


Okay..phew...now we're onto the organizing.  I bought 2 of these storage containers on sale for $19.99 at Canadian Tire.  Then I used my handy dandy label maker and labeled each drawer so that the kids (and myself) can easily find things and easily put things away in their proper places.


Here's a closeup of one of the drawer labels.  Did I really need to add this photo to 
make my point?  Probably not but I just love my label maker so if you could just 
"ooooh" and "ahhhh" over my label for a minute I would greatly appreciate it!



So this is where I'm at so far.  I haven't put the containers into the closet yet as I want to completely empty it and put in shelves.  Currently there is so much wasted space on the sides as I just had a small bookcase in the middle.  I will post more when the closet is complete.  It feels so good to get this started!
What do your art closets look like?

1 comment:

  1. Wow! That art closet that inspired you is AMAZING!!! I wish I had a closet I could dedicate just to my art supplies! I am currently trying to organize my craft area. It's going very slow:P This is a great start! I can't wait to see it finished!:)

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments and welcome your feedback!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...