Friday, December 30, 2011

Peanut Butter Marshmallow Goodness!

Well, I finally made one of my favourite holiday (no calorie?) delicious peanut butter squares that I had only ever had at other peoples houses.  I found the original recipe here on the blog The Great Balancing Act.  Let me make a few comments here about this blog.  I was originally just going there to get the idea of the recipe when I started to read some of her other postings.  This woman is incredible!  She is only 25 years old, was diagnosed with cancer this year and is on her way to kicking it's butt!  She chronicles her journey in such a real yet positive and uplifting way that I couldn't stop reading.  You have to check out her blog...I'm sure you'll get hooked just as I did!  Click here to go to The Great Balancing Act.

Back to the recipe!  I changed it up a little.

There are only 4 ingredients: 1/2 cup of butter, 1 cup of peanut butter, 300g bag of butterscotch chips and 250g bag of white mini marshmallows.


Melt the butter, peanut butter and butterscotch chips in a pot on low, stirring constantly.


 So glad the measurements are right on the butter package! (It's the little things!)


I used one of these measuring cups from the pampered chef for the peanut butter.  
They're awesome because it scrapes all the peanut butter out and nothing is wasted.



 This is my youngest, Matthew, pulled in by the delicious smell wafting from the kitchen! 


Everyone got in on the action, even my daughter's ventriloquist dummy (that's a whole other subject to blog about!) 


Once everything is smooth and melted, let it cool for about 10 minutes and then add the marshmallows and pour it into a dish.  Put it in the freezer for 1 hour to set, cut and serve (and devour!).  Enjoy!

4 comments:

  1. Yum! They look so good! We love those squares at our house too, except I often make them with the coloured marshmallows. Your son look adorable! Enjoy your squares! Angie xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. No calories, huh...... safe to devour for the New Year. ;) heehee. Looks yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Oatmeal Bowl! I know...it's wishful thinking on my part! I'm going to head on over to your blog right now to check it out! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww, my hubby's Gram makes these and they are TO.DIE.FOR! She uses rainbow marshmallows though, and calls it "slice"!

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments and welcome your feedback!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...