Monday, April 09, 2012

An Organized Master Bathroom

Alrighty...the spring cleaning has continued and I am (slowly) getting each room clean and organized!  A confession...I hate cleaning, I read all these blogs where they say how much they LOVE cleaning..but I just don't.  What I DO love though, is the feeling after the cleaning is done, it just feels so good to have a clean and organized house.

If you missed my posts about my organized kitchen cabinets, you can read it HEREmy organized pantry is HERE  and my organized art closet is HERE.

This weekend I organized our master bathrooms cabinets (and our master closet and bedroom but more on those later!).

Here are the "before" photos:

 Cupboard #1

Top Drawer
 Middle Drawer 
Bottom Drawer:
Cabinet #2
Now you may be asking yourself, "is that an Easter Basket in cupboard #1?" I cannot lie...yes, yes it is.

So as you can see, we have loads of storage space in our master bathroom, it just wasn't being used to it's full potential.  So here's what I did:

1. I completely cleared out all cabinets and drawers washed them, and purged the products that had expired or that we didn't use.

2. I purchased "under the sink" storage shelves. 
They are normally around $20 each but they were on sale at Canadian Tire for $5.97 so I bought 6 of them.  One for each sink in the house!
3. I put the shelves together and placed them under the sinks.

4. Then I filled the shelves with the products that we actually use.

Here are the "after" photos:

CABINET #1 - This is the cabinet right beside the toilet, so it made the most sense to store the toilet paper there.  The clear container on the top right contains spare supplies, on the middle right is a container I purchased from Ikea, and it is perfect for organizing my make-up.  On the bottom left is a basket with my blow dryer, straightening  iron and curling iron and the right side has my hair brushes and hair products.

Top Drawer: This is where we keep our toothbrushes now as well as everyday things such as my hair elastics and body butter!
Middle drawer: I organized our deodorant and face washes/moisturizers into convenient dollar store containers and placed perfume (and cologne) along the side.  I'm actually not a big fan of scents, everything I  use is usually unscented but for some reason the "white musk" at the Body Shop as well as Citrus scents don't bother me.
The Bottom drawer: I stuck all our "tubes" of lotions and potions into a cool little dollar store container which is so much more organized.
Cabinet #2: The mouthwash and 2 white containers have my hubby's toiletries in them.  Then we have face cloths, bath mats, hand towels and bath towels handy.  The spray bottle is an "after shower" spray that we use after each shower or bath.  It's nice to just spray it down and leave it.
Ok so there it is!  My newly organized Master Bathroom.  YES!

Pin It


I've linked up here:

Organize and Decorate Everything Tuesday To Do PartyToday's Creative Blog Tip Junkie handmade projectshomeworkblah2beautifulThe Girl CreativeUndertheTableandDreaming I Heart Nap Time{nifty button}The Shabby NestHappy Go Lucky Serenity you

13 comments:

  1. love this! its totally given me some inspiration to clean my cabinets!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done! I think I need to get me some of those under-the-sink-shelves ... they really seem to do the trick!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that "under the sink storage" thing! Wish I could find something like that here, been looking for it for ages!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I need to find some of those-they are brilliant! Thanks for telling me about them. Your cupboard looks so organised!

    My weekly Say G’day Saturday Linky Party is on now and I would be so thrilled if you could join in and link up this great post!

    Best wishes for a fabulous weekend!
    Natasha in Oz

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gosh, I love those before and after pictures! Swoon! Thanks for sharing your project. Over from Tip Junkie!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks great! I have been wanting to get organized as well and love the shelves you got.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks fantastic! I love those under sink shelves. Question: do you dry your toothbrushes off before you put them back?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome job! Everything looks so organized. I would love for you to link up to my Linky Party via: http://ourdelightfulhome.blogspot.com/2012/04/live-linky-party-10.html

    Mrs. Delightful
    www.ourdelightfulhome.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great ideas! We are so glad that you linked up to our “Strut Your Stuff Saturday.” We hope you’ll be back soon! -The Sisters

    ReplyDelete
  10. you did a great job!! love it!
    Thanks for sharing on Serenity Saturday xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your bathroom vanity is oh so pretty! Where did you find it? I love the square sinks. Oh, and great job on organizing the inside ;)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gotta' love organization! Nice job.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I absolutely love your blog and fіnd many of уour poѕt's to be just what I'm lookіng fοr.

    Would уou offeг guest ωгiteгs tο ωrite
    cοntent aνailаble for you? I wouldn't mind composing a post or elaborating on a number of the subjects you write in relation to here. Again, awesome weblog!

    Feel free to visit my website ... augen lasern

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments and welcome your feedback!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...